pathfinding: capacity-dependent apriori model probability (path finding)
Host: bitromortac -
- In this PR review club we will have a closer look at pathfinding internals and
upcoming improvements in this regard.
- Original issue: https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd/issues/5988
- Follow-up PR: https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd/pull/6815
- Additional info:
- What is the underlying algorithm used for pathfinding, where is it located in the LND code base?
- What’s the graph type of the Lightning network in your opinion (in terms of pathfinding)?
- What kind of ingredients enter into the pathfinding edge weight?
- What is the role of the probability term?
- Why should we include the capacity into pathfinding?
- What’s the commit adding the new functionality?
- Why don’t we just introduce a hard cutoff say at 3/4 of the channel capacity?
- How is the probability of an edge altered, what is its effect (look at
- Are channel capacities part of the gossip protocol? Are there cases when they are not available?
- Which API endpoints are altered by this change?